Yowsers, you take a break from lobsters for a week to switch your focus to Argentinian wine, and your inbox explodes with lobster love!
So let’s make a little list for ourselves to keep it organized.
1. Could lobsters unlock the secrets (and provide a cure) for paralysis? New studies suggest yes.
The new place will be a bit larger, with 20 to 30 seats, and the menu will be a bit longer, adding fried clams and shrimp, French fries, and possibly crab and lobster cakes. They’ll also be selling beer and wine.They’ll probably have the same hours as their location at 93 East Seventh Street (First Avenue), 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays, to midnight on weekends.
This is exciting, but we’re hoping for a Brooklyn location next. The article was also published with this image, one of the best looking lobster roll pictures I’ve seen in quite some time. And that’s really saying something.
3. No. 7 Sub Shop, on the ground floor of the Ace Hotel, has an IMITATION LOBSTER ROLL, and reports are it’s GOOD. Here’s what’s in it (I will make it bold and red for a special effect):
Pickled Ginger Mayo, Candied Wasabi, Potato Chips
Please, someone try this and get back to us.
4. Old news from Thrillist, but this picture is just too Ali G and insane not to post.
5. Ben Sargent is a media machine.
6. Red Hook Lobster Pound reports it will start its Sifton-approved weekend “lobster feasts” again this Friday (from 6 p.m. till 9 p.m.) and Saturday (4 p.m. till 8 p.m.). $25 gets you a lobster, sides, and access to the lovely roof-deck at Rocky Sullivan’s.